Thursday, June 3, 2021
Monthly Vacation Buyback for the July Bid Month Closes Tomorrow
As a reminder, the Company opened the Monthly Vacation Buyback for the month of July per JCBA Section 8.F.2. This gives our members who were not awarded Annual Vacation Buyback the option to be paid out for July vacation hours.
- Vacations that are completely in July are eligible.
- Vacations that originate in July and carry from July through August are eligible for this buyback option.
- Vacations that originate in June and carry into July are not eligible.
Per the contract, the Company may make the vacation buyback available by base. What this means is it’s possible some bases may see little or no buyback. We want to be as transparent about this aspect as we can.
Monthly Vacation Buyback for July will close tomorrow, June 4, at Noon (CDT). You may submit a ballot via the Vacation Management System (VMS) on Crew Portal. Buyback awards will be posted by Saturday, June 5.
Once in the Vacation Management System, select the ‘Vacation Actions’ Tab:
Monthly Vacation Buyback awards will be posted in the monthly buyback tab in VMS. If you are awarded vacation buyback, the designated vacation days and any VEX days attached will be removed and you will be able to bid trips on those days in PBS.
Here’s the fine print:
- Vacation buyback will be paid during the normal pay cycle at your pay rate, excluding premiums.
- Blocks of seven (7) or more days will be paid at four (4) hours per day. Blocks of less than seven (7) days will be paid at three and one-half (3.5) hours per day.
- If you were considering changing your Reserve Rotation, but could not because of your July vacation, this may be a good opportunity to use the Monthly Vacation Buyback and then bid onto Reserve. (If you have more than three days of vacation in a contractual month AND you bid onto Reserve that month, it would not count as your rotation per JCBA Section 12.A.3.b.)
APFA National Contract Chair
APFA National Scheduling Chair
APFA JCBA Specialist
For issues with logging into your account please contact the Membership Department during regular business hours at (817) 540-0108 ext. 8153.
For important or time-sensitive issues regarding contract, scheduling, health, IOD, or other department-related questions please visit the department contact information page to contact the department you need. For immediate assistance please call APFA headquarters at (817) 540-0108
Visit the Contact Us page for general questions or media inquiries.