Monday, June 7, 2021
July 2021 Allocations
When PBS processing begins, if additional Lineholders are needed, those with Reserve status will be changed to Lineholder status in the following order:
- Tentative Flight Attendants who were involuntarily moved to Reserve status.
- Reserve Flight Attendants who toggled to Pref LH in the LRD who were unable to hold Lineholder status in LRD.
- Most junior Reserve Flight Attendants involuntarily moved to Lineholder status after all the above have been utilized.
If you are in one of these 3 categories above, you will want to bid
7 layers of Reserve and 7 layers of Lineholder in PBS
- DCA: 35,727 flying hours (-790 month-over-month)
- IAD: 0 flying hours (-51)
- BWI: 2,513 flying hours (+580)
- 38,240 Total Flying Hours (DCA, IAD, BWI) (-261)
We are still in high hopes that business travel will rebound as we turn the corner from the pandemic and the business traveler will be flying again out of DCA and IAD.
The American Shuttle flights and the daily nonstop flights out of IAD have seen a big decline in demand over the past year. The Shuttle is not back to its hourly service and flights out of IAD have been utilizing our express carriers. Network planning has been using these aircraft to better service the network by placing them on the leisure travel routes which have seen big upticks of travelers this spring and summer months ahead.
Allocations have been forcing additional time into DCA to compensate for the loss of hours in IAD which is causing sequences to not flow as they normally do. The July bid sheet is showing increases in sit times on multiple day sequences, shorter RON times, longer duty days, multiple legs per day and almost no soft or credited time. None of this is acceptable and going forward we need to see a big change.
These issues and others have been discussed with the company and will continue to be our main focal point going forward. This is UNACCEPABLE.
Final Notes for the DCA Base:
- The popular 2-day LAX trip has been changed to add additional flying on day one and a much shorter layover.
- We were told that due to the lack of late evening departures the sought after ODAN is only offered at a very small percentage of our flying
- LAS turn operates 29 days
- LAX turn operates 30 days
- NIPD layovers STT, SJD, STX, CUN, BAQ
- 737 MAX flying has 36 sequences all in DCA
- No Red Eyes
- 529 total sequences operate out of DCA
- 27 total sequences operate out of BWI
We have addressed the high Reserve numbers with Crew Manning but do not see a shift in their plan going forward to use less reserve headcount.
Finding the right balance is key to the success of our PBS solution and we are all working to achieve that balance. Less Reserves will directly bring down the line average and reduce the rotation.
Initial Reserve Seniority for July begins at 18,949, which is an Occupational Seniority Date of March 10, 2014.In Solidarity,
APFA DCA Base President
APFA DCA Base Vice President
APFA DCA Base Council Representative – Allocations