Wednesday, June 9, 2021
9/11 20th Anniversary Media Request
As the 20th anniversary of 9/11 approaches, APFA, AFA-CWA, APA, and ALPA have begun preparations to honor and remember the victims as well as the first responders of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. Be on the lookout for more communications throughout the summer as 9/11 event timelines are finalized.
At the end of May, APFA and APA Representatives met with the City of Grapevine, TX, to begin planning the Grapevine ceremony, which will take place at the Grapevine 9/11 Memorial. This year’s Grapevine ceremony will be an all-day event, and the planning is in full swing.
As a special tribute for this anniversary, we would like to feature your stories (via video) as part of the remembrance. We have set up a dropbox for you to upload your media, including videos, photos, and voice recordings. Crew members from any airline, family members, or anyone who would like to honor a hero from that day may contribute.
You may use the following address for instructions and access to the upload portal:
Instructions for Upload
Please read ALL of the following before uploading your photo or video. Instructions may also be found in the dropbox link (above). When you are ready to upload your content, scroll to the bottom of the link to access the upload portal.
1. Rename your file(s) with your first and last name before you upload it (them). You may submit more than one photo or video. Please add a number after your name indicating the number of the submission (Example: DoeJohn1 or DoeJohn2).
2. Shoot all videos horizontally.
3. If using a camera phone, shoot on highest resolution possible. Do not use filming apps such as TikTok, etc.
4. In your video, provide your name, position, and at least one form of contact information either before or after your segment, or upload an additional Word document with your information.
5. Please try and limit your video content to sixty (60) seconds. Longer videos accepted with prior approval.
6. If you are uploading photos, please include a short Word document or additional picture identifying and describing the content.
For questions or problems with uploads please email or text –
Av8rcd@live.com/817-948-2912 -or- email@example.com/817-773-3306.
Thank you for sharing your stories, photos, and videos to help us honor the victims and first responders of September 11, 2001.
Paul Hartshorn, Jr.
For issues with logging into your account please contact the Membership Department during regular business hours at (817) 540-0108 ext. 8153.
For important or time-sensitive issues regarding contract, scheduling, health, IOD, or other department-related questions please visit the department contact information page to contact the department you need. For immediate assistance please call APFA headquarters at (817) 540-0108
Visit the Contact Us page for general questions or media inquiries.