Sunday, June 20, 2021
DFW July 2021 Manning/Allocations Information
- Active Headcount: 5,666
- Available Headcount: 5,332
- Bid Jobs/Line Holders: 4,281
- Reserves: 1,051 (19.7%)
- System Reserve: 21.8%
- July Vacation Buyback: 364 days
- No Unpaid/Paid Voluntary Leave of Absence (VLOA) will be offered
- Expected Open Line Average: 85.0 hours
- Expected System Line Average: 84.9 hours
Schedule Highlights and Special Flying Events
- Schedule Change: Thursday, July 1 (end of June contractual month)
- Independence Day Weekend: Friday, July 2nd through Sunday, July 4th
- July is a 30-day contractual month encompassing five weekends.
Software programming for July was relaxed after the initial optimization run resulted in missed targets. As a result, four-day trips on the 3FA and 4FA solutions have increased for July. We had hoped to see trip construction improvements after June’s failed TTS runs. The base stressed that flexibility is vital for our workgroup, especially during the summer. Providing various desirable pairings allows flight attendants to easily manipulate their schedules to balance work/home life obligations.
The schedule change on 01JUL, in conjunction with Independence Day, will cause an increase in flying before the holiday weekend. Demand for domestic leisure travel remains strong. Block hours for DFW have increased 5.9% month over month and 3% systemwide. Layover times continue to improve with fewer short layovers (11 hours or less) and more long layovers (12 hours or greater).
Two-day trips have various report and release times for July, allowing flight attendants the ability to “double-up” if desired. Three-day trips with double layovers remain constant; many flight attendants enjoy these pairings, allowing for adequate rest and work two duty periods in three days. Sit/connect times have slightly decreased for July.
The allocations department is working on programming to have flight attendants and pilots stay together throughout the day, resulting in fewer plane changes and reduced sit time. Some progress has been made on the 3FA solution. Turns continue to decrease month over month; legs per day have increased with many working four-legs, and five-leg days have returned for July. The base identified pairings for modification and voiced our displeasure at losing many morning turns and ODAN’s.
We requested NIPD turns not to be placed on the first day of a trip allowing crews to bring food and not worry about customs protocols. Trips working excessive legs for little pay is an ongoing issue. We will continue to advocate for programming adjustments to improve our quality of life.
DFW was allocated 348,603 hours for July, an increase of 17,705 hours from June. AUS satellite base was given 1,769 hours, an increase of 112 hours. STL was assigned 5,069 hours, a decrease of 120 hours. DFW will operate ten banks in July. The base is flying 94.8% of its block hours from 2019.
3FA and 4FA Percentage of Sequences
- 1-Day: 24.4%
- 2-Day: 47.3%
- 3-Day: 19.1%
- 4-Day: 9.2%
3FA and 4FA Overnight Rest Distribution
- Overnight rest 10-10:30 hrs: 4.4%
- Overnight Rest 10:30-11 hrs: 10.2%
- Overnight Rest 11-12 hrs: 14.0%
- Overnight Rest 12-14 hrs: 15.9%
- Overnight Rest 14-16 hrs: 19.1%
- Overnight Rest 16-24 hrs: 27.0%
- Overnight Rest 24-34 hrs: 9.3%
- Overnight Rest Greater than 34 hrs: 0.1%
3FA & 4FA Productivity
- Credit Hours per Calendar Day: 5:20 hrs
- Schedule Block Hours per Calendar Day: 5:10 hrs
- Credit Hours per Duty Period: 5:56 hrs
3FA & 4FA Sit-Time
- 2 Hours: 9.1%
- 2.5 Hours: 5.0%
- 3 Hours: 2.0%
3FA & 4FA Leg Distribution
- 1-Leg: 22.4%
- 2-Legs: 41.3%
- 3-Legs: 33.8%
- 4-Legs: 2.4%
- 5-Legs: 0.1%
3FA & 4FA Duty Distribution
Duty length is calculated including sign-in and release time.
- 3 to 4 hours of duty: 3.5%
- 4 to 5 hours of duty: 13.8%
- 5 to 6 hours of duty: 4.6%
- 6 to 7 hours of duty: 3.1%
- 7 to 8 hours of duty: 9.1%
- 8 to 9 hours of duty: 14.0%
- 9 to 10 hours of duty: 11.0%
- 10 to 11 hours of duty: 12.6%
- 11 to 12 hours of duty: 12.4%
- Greater than 12 hours: 15.8%
3FA & 4FA Block Distribution
- 3 hours or less: 8.7%
- 3 to 4 hours: 15.2%
- 4 to 5 hours: 11.9%
- 5 to 6 hours: 15.2%
- 6 to 7 hours: 19.0%
- 7 to 8 hours: 15.0%
- 8 to 9 hours: 14.1%
- 9 hours or greater: 0.9%
DFW Combined Operation Percentage of Sequences
All equipment all positions.
- 1-Day: 24.5%
- 2-Day: 38.0%
- 3-Day: 28.5%
- 4-Day: 8.6%
- 5-Day: 0.4%
- 6-Day: 0.1%
Designated email for Allocations and Manning questions and concerns:
Be careful and fly safe!
Amber De Roxtra
APFA DFW Base President
Amy Knox Green
APFA DFW Base Vice President
Currently, no scheduled events...