Monday, June 21, 2021
9/11 20th Anniversary Media Request
As the 20th anniversary of 9/11 approaches, APFA, AFA-CWA, APA, and ALPA have begun preparations to honor and remember the victims as well as the first responders of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. Thank you to everyone who has submitted media for the video that will run at the Grapevine, TX Memorial.
As a special tribute at the Grapevine, TX 9/11 ceremony, we would like to feature your stories (via video) as part of the remembrance. We have set up a dropbox for you to upload your media, including videos, photos, and voice recordings. Crew members from any airline, family members, or anyone who would like to honor a hero from that day may contribute.
You may use the following address for instructions and access to the upload portal:
Instructions for Upload
Please read ALL of the following before uploading your photo or video. Instructions may also be found in the dropbox link (above). When you are ready to upload your content, scroll to the bottom of the link to access the upload portal.
1. Rename your file(s) with your first and last name before you upload it (them). You may submit more than one photo or video. Please add a number after your name indicating the number of the submission (Example: DoeJohn1 or DoeJohn2).
2. Shoot all videos horizontally.
3. If using a camera phone, shoot on highest resolution possible. Do not use filming apps such as TikTok, etc.
4. In your video, provide your name, position, and at least one form of contact information either before or after your segment, or upload an additional Word document with your information.
5. Please try and limit your video content to sixty (60) seconds. Longer videos accepted with prior approval.
6. If you are uploading photos, please include a short Word document or additional picture identifying and describing the content.
For questions or problems with uploads please email or text –
Av8rcd@live.com/817-948-2912 -or- email@example.com/817-773-3306.
Thank you for sharing your stories, photos, and videos to help us honor the victims and first responders of September 11, 2001. We anticipate the deadline for media submissions will be in late July. We will communicate the closing date as soon as it is finalized.
Be on the lookout for more communications throughout the summer as 9/11 event timelines are finalized.
Paul Hartshorn, Jr.