Tuesday, July 6, 2021
August 2021 Allocations
When PBS processing begins, if additional Lineholders are needed, those with Reserve status will be changed to Lineholder status in the following order:
- Tentative Flight Attendants who were involuntarily moved to Reserve status.
- Reserve Flight Attendants who toggled to Pref LH in the LRD who were unable to hold Lineholder status in LRD.
- Most junior Reserve Flight Attendants involuntarily moved to Lineholder status after all the above have been utilized.
If you are in one of these 3 categories above, you will want to bid
7 layers of Reserve and 7 layers of Lineholder in PBS
- DCA: 35,900 flying hours (+173 month-over-month)
- IAD: 319 flying hours (+319)
- BWI: 2,343 flying hours (-170)
- 38,562 Total Flying Hours (DCA, IAD, BWI) (+322)
IAD flying returns mid-month with 13 days of DFW turns (319 block hours). We have asked to return to the level of block hours we once saw in IAD and expect small incremental increases until the business traveler returns to flying out of Dulles.
BWI will have a slight decrease in block hours but, for the most part, will maintain its sequence mix and core flying. There are 38 overall sequences, which include NIPD RONs.
DCA has a small increase in flying compared to July 2021 with slight increases in 1-day and 3-day sequences, 2-day trips are slightly down, and per your feedback, we have asked for a decrease in 4-day trips ( down 1-2 % )
ODANS are popular, but unfortunately, the system is not creating many for our base. We will continue to ask for these going forward.
Final Notes for the DCA Base:
- 573 overall sequences (DCA, IAD, BWI)
- 60 pure 737 MAX sequences (DCA, BWI)
- High-time LAS turns operating 30 days (DCA)
- High-time LAX turns operating 29 days (DCA)
- NIPD RONs: STT, SJD, STX, CUN, GEO, PUJ
- 3 BOS ODANs
- Longer West Coast RONs compared to July 2021
- Sit times have decreased but are still a high percentage
- No redeyes
Reserve headcount is slightly down with opening Reserve rotation starting at FA Seniority 19,102 OCC date of March 24, 2014.
The dedication and commitment you have shown over these trying times do not go unnoticed. Your base council will continue to advocate for better trip construction and quality of life!
We welcome your feedback and will bring all concerns, ideas, and requests to the Company.
Thank you for all you do!In Solidarity,
APFA DCA Base President
APFA DCA Base Vice President
APFA DCA Base Council Representative – Allocations