Wednesday, August 4, 2021
September 2021 Allocations
When PBS processing begins, if additional Lineholders are needed, those with Reserve status will be changed to Lineholder status in the following order:
- Tentative Flight Attendants who were involuntarily moved to Reserve status.
- Reserve Flight Attendants who toggled to Pref LH in the LRD who were unable to hold Lineholder status in LRD.
- Most junior Reserve Flight Attendants involuntarily moved to Lineholder status after all the above have been utilized.
If you are in one of these 3 categories above, you will want to bid
7 layers of Reserve and 7 layers of Lineholder in PBS
- DCA: 31,047 flying hours (-4,853 month-over-month)
- IAD: 1,902 (+1,583)
- BWI: 2,517 (+174)
- 35,466 Total Flying Hours (DCA, IAD, BWI) (-3,096)
Good news is our IAD flying hours have significantly increased to allow for pure IAD PBS lines for those Flight Attendants wishing to fly out of IAD, with 23 sequences overall.
BWI has a slight increase in block hours with forty-nine (49) 2-day and three (3) 1-day sequences.
DCA has a decrease in flying compared to August 2021 with slight increases in 1- and 2-day trips and decreases with 3- and 4-day trips.
The overall combined co terminal base block hours for September have decreased month-over-month and this reflects the fall schedule reduction.
Final Notes for the DCA Base:
- 592 overall sequences (DCA, IAD, BWI)
- 70 total sequences on the 737 MAX (DCA)
- High -time LAS and LAX turns -31 days both (DCA)
- DFW turns – operating 37 times (IAD)
- NIPD RONs: CUN, PVR, GEO, GDL
- Sit times are excessive but down from previous months
- No redeyes
- No ODANS
Reserve headcount is still high for September with opening Reserve rotation starting at Flight Attendant Seniority 19,519 OCC date of January 26, 2015.
We are enlightened by the feedback you give to your base leadership concerning the quality of our constructed trips, and we assure you that your voice is heard and shared with management every chance we get.
These last few months have been extremely difficult on all of you with the constant non-mask compliance and unruly passengers. These tough situations are part of our job but the blatant contract violations, most notably the rescheduling of your trips, waiting on hotel rooms to be booked and paid for during reschedules and IROPS, transportation issues and timely notifications by crew schedule are simply put UNACCEPTABLE.
We must stop the steal of our Contract!
We encourage you to reach out when your Contract is violated so we can research and address in a timely manner.
The struggles and hurdles that you go through are noted every time you let us know and we promise to keep on pushing until the Company gets it right.In Solidarity,
APFA DCA Base President
APFA DCA Base Vice President
APFA DCA Base Council Representative – Allocations