Friday, October 1, 2021
Lineholder/Reserve Designator (LRD) Reminders
November bidding is rapidly approaching. We are welcoming back a large group of Flight Attendants returning from EVLOA. Many of those returning will be subject to Reserve. We want to provide some reminders for using the Lineholder/Reserve Designator (LRD) tool.
The LRD tool allows Flight Attendants to “toggle” to express a preference for their bidding status for the following bidding month.
The LRD for the November bid month opens on October 3rd at 1200 CT and closes on October 7th at 1200 CT.
• You must be active to participate in the LRD process. This means you will not be active in the LRD tool if you are in a QI status when it opens. If you are currently QI but complete CQ by October 2nd, your training record should be updated in time for you to be included in the LRD for November.
• If you have four (4) or more vacation days in November and toggle onto Reserve, you will not receive credit for serving Reserve.
If your status is ‘Reserve’ in the LRD:
• You may toggle to Lineholder to indicate your preference to be a Lineholder for the month. Toggling to Lineholder does not guarantee you will be able to bid off of Reserve successfully.
• Senior Flight Attendants toggling onto Reserve may cause junior Reserve Flight Attendants to be moved to Lineholder status. This is called “Senior Bump.”
• If you toggled to Lineholder in the LRD and your status still shows Reserve on your dashboard when PBS opens, you should bid seven (7) layers as a Reserve and seven (7) layers as a Lineholder in the event more Lineholders are required during PBS processing. The most junior Reserves should also bid seven (7) layers as a Reserve and seven (7) layers as a Lineholder in the event they are moved to a Lineholder status during processing.
If your status is ‘Lineholder’ in the LRD:
• If you want to remain a Lineholder, you don’t need to do anything. Leave the toggle on Lineholder.
• If you want to “Senior Bump” onto Reserve, move the toggle to Reserve.
The LRD tool will process preferences after closing on the 7th. Your final bidding status will be displayed on the PBS dashboard when bidding opens.
APFA Contract & Scheduling Desk
Call or text 817-540-0108
Monday – Friday, 0700 – 1900 (CDT)
APFA Live Messaging
Monday – Friday: 1500 – 2300 (CDT)
Weekends and Holidays: 0900 – 1700 (CDT)
(Link may be found on homepage of APFA.org)
APFA National Contract Chair
APFA National Scheduling Chair
APFA JCBA Specialist