Thursday, October 7, 2021
2022 Annual Enrollment Begins October 14
2022 Annual Enrollment runs from October 14 to November 5, 2021. You will have until 11:59pm (CT) on Friday, November 5 to elect your 2022 benefits. This year, a printed guide will not be mailed to your home. You will find all your benefits information and several resources at my.aa.com/enrollment. Starting October 14, go to myenrollment.aa.com and click on Enroll at the top of the page to enroll in your 2022 benefits.
Here is what’s new for 2022:
- A new medical option — the Plus plan — with the opportunity to save for medical expenses now and in retirement.
- A new prescription drug administrator — CVS Caremark — valued for its vast, convenient network and family of services.
- Surgical support through SurgeryPlus, making preparing and paying for surgical procedures easier.
The new Plus plan works similar to the Standard option with added benefits such as having copays for specialist visits, and you can earn credits from the Company in both a Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) and a Retiree Health Reimbursement Arrangement (RHRA) by getting a preventive care exam during the year.
If you get a preventive care exam during the year, you earn credits from American.
- American will credit $500 to your HRA, which you can use while you are an active employee.
- American will credit $1,000 to your RHRA, which you can use after you retire. Unused HRA credits will roll over into the RHRA when you retire, so long as you are 65-point plan-eligible.
- Credits to both types of account are tax free. The credited amount is not taxed when it is added to your account or when you spend it on eligible health care expenses.
Click Here to register to attend a virtual information session.
Monthly Paycheck Contributions
For those Flight Attendants who have participated in a Voluntary Early Out Program (VEOP), please refer to the VEOP packet for more information about your benefits eligibility.
If you have elected to continue coverage through COBRA, you will also receive Annual Enrollment materials directly from Alight.
Flight Attendants currently on an Extended Voluntary Leave of Absence (EVLOA) can make changes to any benefits during Annual Enrollment.
For most unpaid leaves, if you are enrolled in medical, dental or vision coverage, you may make changes to only that coverage during Annual Enrollment — if you are current on your direct bill payments.
If you are planning to enroll in Added Benefits, you can enroll at AAaddedbenefits.comstarting October 14.
Enroll in these Added Benefits during Annual Enrollment:
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Legal Plan
Enroll in these Added Benefits at any time:
- Accident Insurance
- Auto and Home Insurance
- Dental Discount Program
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
If you are married to someone else in the Company, you can enroll in medical, dental and vision coverage separately or as a dependent.
Be sure to compare costs — it will cost more to be enrolled as a dependent than if you enroll alone as an employee. If you’re already covered under your American spouse’s coverage and want to be covered as an employee instead, call the Benefits Service Center at 888-860-6178, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (CT).
If you’re leaving the Company and are married, consider enrolling in your spouse’s plan, if available. In most cases, your termination of employment would be considered a qualifying life event, allowing your spouse to make changes to coverage mid-year.
If you don’t enroll, the majority of your 2021 benefits elections will carry over for 2022 (including added benefits) with the following exceptions:
- You must set a new Health Savings Account (HSA) goal amount each year. You can also make changes to your goal amount anytime during the year.
- You must re-enroll and make a new contribution election each year for Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs).
As a reminder, you will be able to get your flu shot at the Company’s onsite clinics and at large work locations around the system. Learn more and find the schedule for upcoming events here.
Once again, starting October 14, go to myenrollment.aa.com and click on Enroll at the top of the page to enroll in your 2022 benefits.
APFA National Health Chair