Thursday, October 14, 2021
2022 Annual Enrollment | Now Through November 5th
2022 Annual Enrollment runs now through November 5, 2021. You will have until 11:59pm (CT) on Friday, November 5 to elect your 2022 benefits. This year, a printed guide will not be mailed to your home. Go to my.aa.com and click on “Enroll Here for 2022 Benefits” to get started.
Here is what’s new for 2022:
- A new medical option — the Plus plan — with the opportunity to save for medical expenses now and in retirement.
- A new prescription drug administrator — CVS Caremark — valued for its vast, convenient network and family of services.
- Surgical support through SurgeryPlus, making preparing and paying for surgical procedures easier.
Plus Medical Plan
** New for 2022 **
The new Plus plan works similar to the Standard option with added benefits such as having copays for specialist visits, and you can earn credits from the Company in both a Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) and a Retiree Health Reimbursement Arrangement (RHRA) by getting a preventive care exam during the year.
If you get a preventive care exam during the year, you earn credits from American.
- American will credit $500 to your HRA, which you can use while you are an active employee.
- American will credit $1,000 to your RHRA, which you can use after you retire. Unused HRA credits will roll over into the RHRA when you retire, so long as you are 65-point plan-eligible.
- Credits to both types of account are tax free. The credited amount is not taxed when it is added to your account or when you spend it on eligible health care expenses.
- Your HRA credits carry over from year to year, and any remaining credits at your retirement — as long as you’re 65-point plan eligible — roll over into your RHRA. (To be considered 65-point eligible at American, your age plus a minimum of 10 years of credited service at American must add up to 65.)
** New Drug Administrator for 2022 **
- Broad network of pharmacies. You don’t have to exclusively use a CVS pharmacy. They have a nationwide network which provides access to our current pharmacy provider.
- Prescription savings programs. CVS’s Maintenance Choice program helps manage 90-day maintenance medications via mail order or easy in-store drop-off and pick-up. Plus, the support of StayWell Rx for blood pressure, diabetes and asthma medications and supplies.
- Click Here for the new dedicated site for American Airlines employees.
Upcoming Information Sessions
Click Here to register to attend a one-hour virtual information session.
For those Flight Attendants who have participated in a Voluntary Early Out Program (VEOP), please refer to the VEOP packet for more information about your benefits eligibility.
If you have elected to continue coverage through COBRA, you will also receive Annual Enrollment materials directly from Alight.
Flight Attendants currently on an Extended Voluntary Leave of Absence (EVLOA) can make changes to any benefits during Annual Enrollment.
For most unpaid leaves, if you are enrolled in medical, dental or vision coverage, you may make changes to only that coverage during Annual Enrollment — if you are current on your direct bill payments.
If you are planning to enroll in Added Benefits, you can enroll at AAaddedbenefits.com starting October 14.
Enroll in these Added Benefits during Annual Enrollment:
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Legal Plan
Enroll in these Added Benefits at any time:
- Accident Insurance
- Auto and Home Insurance
- Dental Discount Program
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
If you are married to someone else in the Company, you can enroll in medical, dental and vision coverage separately or as a dependent.
Be sure to compare costs — it will cost more to be enrolled as a dependent than if you enroll alone as an employee. If you’re already covered under your American spouse’s coverage and want to be covered as an employee instead, call the Benefits Service Center.
If you’re leaving the Company and are married, consider enrolling in your spouse’s plan, if available. In most cases, your termination of employment would be considered a qualifying life event, allowing your spouse to make changes to coverage mid-year.
If you don’t enroll, the majority of your 2021 benefits elections will carry over for 2022 (including added benefits) with the following exceptions:
- You must set a new Health Savings Account (HSA) goal amount each year. You can also make changes to your goal amount anytime during the year.
- You must re-enroll and make a new contribution election each year for Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs).
As a reminder, you will be able to get your flu shot at the Company’s onsite clinics and at large work locations around the system. Learn more and find the schedule for upcoming events here.
Once again, go to my.aa.com and click on “Enroll Here for 2022 Benefits” to get started.
If you have questions, please call the American Airlines Benefits Service Center at 888-860-6178. The hours during Annual Enrollment are Monday through Friday, 7am to 7pm (CT) and Saturday, 9am to 4pm (CT).
APFA National Health Chair
Currently, no scheduled events...