Tuesday, November 16, 2021
December 2021 Manning and Allocations Call
***Manning Information is Preliminary and Subject to Change***
- Active Headcount: 6,397
- Available Headcount: 5,950
- Bid Jobs/Line Holders: 4,583
- Reserves: 1,367 (23.0%)
- System Reserve: 26.0%
- No Unpaid Voluntary Leave of Absence (VLOA) will be available.
- Flight Attendants returning from EVLOA: 159
- Flight Attendants returning from EVLOA systemwide: 814
- Vacancy Transfers reporting on 02DEC: 181
- Vacancy Transfers reporting on 01JAN: 76
- Expected Open Line Average: 81.2 hours
- Expected System Line Average: 81.0 hours
2021 New Hire Flight Attendants Classes
- Class 21-01: 95 Flight Attendants reporting on 23 NOV.
- Class 21-02: 87 Flight Attendants reporting on 30 NOV.
- Class 21-03: 101 Flight Attendants reporting on 07 DEC.
- Class 21-04: 93 Flight Attendants reporting on 14 DEC.
Specific base assignments can be found on Jetnet > Flight Service > Crew Resources > Planning > New Hire Base Assignments.
December Schedule Highlights
- Schedule Change: Wednesday, December 01 (last day of NOV crew month) Thursday, December 16.
- Christmas Day: Saturday, December 25
- New Year’s Eve: Friday, December 31
- Holiday Peak Pay Premium/Critical Period: December 22 through January 02
- Reduced flying for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Reduced flying for New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day
- DFW will have a variety of bank cancellations and adjustments throughout December.
Optimizer programming was modified for December to minimize four-day pairings. The change in programming affected all bases differently. DFW was hit hard on our percentage of sequences with a substantial decrease in turns and a significant increase in three-day pairings. We immediately addressed the drastic fluctuation and requested the allocations department take the initiative to break up three-day pairings to create a variety of established trip types.
Holiday months are all about flexibility and manipulating work schedules to meet increased family commitments. Base leadership voiced our concern about implementing software modifications during a holiday month and stressed that the pairings presented provided little flexibility for our Flight Attendants.
The Company continues to expand its crew transit initiative, which co-pairs Pilots and Flight Attendants to help reduce operational complexity and improve crew reliability. DFW, CLT and starting in December, PHX will have most crews transiting between 1000-1900 co-paired. We will continue to monitor the effect co-pairing has on our base. Since implementing the initiative, DFW sit/connect time has increased in all measured time constraints. Sit/connect time three hours and greater has increased considerably. Crews should be cognizant of their actual sit/connect time; if landing early and ground time exceeds four hours, you are entitled to a hotel room.
DFW was allocated 355,273 block hours for December, an increase of 12,885 hours from November. AUS satellite base was given 1,644 hours, an increase of 164 hours. STL was assigned 3,838 hours, a reduction of 601 hours from November. American is flying 83% of its block hours compared to December 2019.
3FA and 4FA Percentage of Sequences
- 1-Day: 18.3%
- 2-Day: 31.6%
- 3-Day: 43.7%
- 4-Day: 6.4%
3FA and 4FA Overnight Rest Distribution
- Overnight Rest 10-10:30 hrs: 2.7%
- Overnight Rest 10:30-11hrs: 9.2%
- Overnight Rest 11-12 hrs: 15.4%
- Overnight Rest 12-14 hrs: 19.5%
- Overnight Rest 14-16 hrs: 19.7%
- Overnight Rest 16-24 hrs: 28.0%
- Overnight Rest 24-34 hrs: 5.2%
- Overnight Rest Greater than 34 hrs: 0.3%
3FA & 4FA Productivity
- Credit Hours per Calendar Day: 5:18 hrs
- Schedule Block Hours per Calendar Day: 4:51 hrs
- Credit Hours per Duty Period: 5.37 hrs
3FA & 4FA Sit-Time
- 2 Hours: 14.5%
- 2.5 Hours: 9.5%
- 3 Hours: 4.9%
3FA & 4FA Leg Distribution
- 1-Leg: 31.5%
- 2-Leg: 46.4%
- 3-Leg: 21.7%
- 4-Legs: 0.4%
3FA & 4FA Duty Distribution
Duty length is calculated including sign-in and release time.
- 3 to 4 hours of duty: 7.7%
- 4 to 5 hours of duty: 14.3%
- 5 to 6 hours of duty: 8.0%
- 6 to 7 hours of duty: 3.1%
- 7 to 8 hours of duty: 6.8%
- 8 to 9 hours of duty: 12.3%
- 9 to 10 hours of duty: 13.9%
- 10 to 11 hours of duty: 14.3%
- 11 to 12 hours of duty: 15.7%
- Greater than 12 hours: 2.9%
3FA & 4FA Block Distribution
- 3 hours or less: 14.8%
- 3 to 4 hours: 15.5%
- 4 to 5 hours: 13.0%
- 5 to 6 hours: 17.7%
- 6 to 7 hours: 18.1%
- 7 to 8 hours: 15.6%
- 8 to 9 hours: 4.9%
- Nine hours or greater: 0.3%
DFW Combined Operation Percentage of Sequences
All equipment all positions.
- 1-Day: 20.0%
- 2-Day: 25.4%
- 3-Day: 46.8%
- 4-Day: 6.8%
- 5-Day: 0.7%
- 6-Day: 0.3%
Designated email for Allocations and Manning questions and concerns:
Be careful and fly safe!
Amber De Roxtra
APFA DFW Base President
Amy Knox Green
APFA DFW Base Vice President
Currently, no scheduled events...