Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Donate This GivingTuesday
Since its founding in 2012, GivingTuesday has continued to kick off the holiday season by giving back to the community on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. GivingTuesday has inspired giving worldwide, which has resulted in more significant donations, volunteer hours, and activities that bring about real change in communities. Today, we encourage you to join the GivingTuesday movement. Once again, the Wings Foundation is participating in GivingTuesday to help give back to our community, the Flight Attendants of American Airlines.
The Wings Foundation provides financial grants to American Airlines Flight Attendants who are in critical need of financial assistance due to illness, injury, or disability; or who sustain damage to their primary residence by a natural disaster or catastrophic event.
Join us in the giving spirit by making a tax-deductible contribution to the Wings Foundation. Go to wingsfoundation.com and click on the Donate Now Button. Your donations will help our Flight Attendants survive in their time of need. Thank you!
Payroll Deduction Option
Previous payroll donations to Wings Foundation accounted for 70% of the funds made available to your colleagues in need of financial assistance due to illness or injury while off AA payroll, or whose primary residence is damaged or destroyed by a natural disaster/catastrophic event.
It is easy to sign up for automatic payroll deduction.
- Sign into Jetnet > Get Involved > Workplace Giving
- Choose “Donate Now”
- Select the “Wings Foundation” icon, followed by “Make a New Donation”
- Select “Recurring Payroll”
- Enter your amount of choice (this amount is per pay period = 2x monthly)
- Scroll down and select “Add To My Cart” followed by “Checkout”
- Select Name, Address & email, followed by “Next Step”
- Select “I Agree”
- Select “Confirm and Finish” (this page shows the amount per pay period AND the estimated total for the year; you may “Go Back A Step” if you wish to edit your donation amount)
Flight Attendants who currently donate to Wings Foundation through our “Network for Good” may continue with this option, which deducts a fee or allows you to make up the difference, so your donation is “whole” to WINGS. There is no fee when donating through payroll, so we strongly recommend switching your donation options to automatic payroll deduction.
We cannot do this without you. Thank you for remembering the Wings Foundation! Donate today!
APFA National President
President, Wings Foundation, Inc.