Sunday, February 6, 2022
March 2022 Allocations
When PBS processing begins, if additional Lineholders are needed, those with Reserve status will be changed to Lineholder status in the following order:
- Tentative Flight Attendants who were involuntarily moved to Reserve status.
- Reserve Flight Attendants who toggled to Pref LH in the LRD who were unable to hold Lineholder status in LRD.
- Most junior Reserve Flight Attendants involuntarily moved to Lineholder status after all the above have been utilized.
If you are in one of these 3 categories above, you will want to bid
7 layers of Reserve and 7 layers of Lineholder in PBS
- DCA: 31,698 flying hours (+2,222 month-over-month)
- IAD: 1,828 (-645)
- BWI: 2,462 (-50)
- 35,988 Total Flying Hours (DCA, IAD, BWI) (+1527)
March will see 18 new hire Flight Attendants joining our base. They are included in the Reserve headcount above, but will not participate in the LRD process.
DCA March Reserve Seniority begins at system seniority number 21,342 with an OCC date of March 26, 2018. March will continue to co -pair Flight Attendants and Pilots when flying through hub cities of CLT, DFW, ORD and PHX between the hours of 9am and 8pm, to correct misconnects and delays due to waiting on late arriving crew members.
Spanish Speaker positions for NIPD destinations will be offered and required in PBS for March
Locations are: BJX, GDL, GUA, OAX, PTY, QRO, SJU, SLP, SJO
Please bid accordingly if you hold a SPANISH language qualification and would like to be considered for these sequences.
Destinations Requiring COVID Vaccinations
Beginning with the March PBS Bid month, you will no longer be awarded any of the destinations below if you do not have an SPL/SPC Code 21 (COVID Vaccination). You will only be awarded/assigned the destinations below if you submitted proof of full vaccination. If you did not submit proof of vaccination, you should not bid sequences that include the following destinations:
*Canadian destinations have additional restrictions that should be reviewed before bidding
Final Notes for the DCA Base:
- Overall increase in block hours for co terminal flying
- 707 total combined sequences
- 200 737 total MAX sequences
- 20 SPANISH speaker positions
- No red eyes
- Only 1 PHX pink eye
- 3 BOS ODAN sequences
- No increase in sit times but still have these throughout the sequences
- NIPD flying with longer RON’s
- Decrease in 1- and 4-day sequences
- Increase with 2- and 3-day trips
March Bidding Timelines
March 2022 – Reserve System Seniority
I would like to thank all of you for your patience this past week due to the snowstorm and the effects it had on your schedule and quality of life. The Crew Scheduling meltdown was of great proportions, and I can assure you APFA is aware and will meet this head on with Management. This is unacceptable. We know our colleagues that work the desks in Crew Scheduling can only do so much, and they too were over worked and over stressed. We are all in this together and the solution can only be put in place by Management.
We heard from many of you over the past week, and have tried our best to assist. Again, our Flight Attendants have gone above and beyond, and it’s much appreciated.Be kind and understanding of each other!
APFA DCA Base President
APFA DCA Base Vice President
APFA DCA Base Council Representative – Allocations