Monday, May 9, 2022
June 2022 Staffing and Allocations
***Staffing Information is Preliminary and Subject to Change***
- Active Headcount: 6,550
- Available Headcount: 6,002
- Bid Jobs/Line Holders: 4,521
- Reserves: 1,481 (24.7%)
- System Reserve: 23.6%
- Initial Reserve Seniority: 10888 (10 AUG 1998)
- No Voluntary (unpaid) Leave of Absence (VLOA) will be available.
- Vacancy Transfers reporting on 02JUN: 71
- New Hires reporting to DFW in JUN: 61
- Expected Open Line Average: 85.0 hours
- Expected System Line Average: 84.6 hours
- Due to higher-than-normal line averages, June has been designated as a Flex Month. The company has flexed the Target Credit Range in PBS by two hours. The new TCR for June is 72-92 hours instead of the average 70-90 hours. It is advised to bid a TCR in PBS for June if you desire fewer hours than the Flex maximums. The company has indicated that it expects PBS to award line averages at or below 84.5 hours for June.
- Reserve maximums will not change and will remain at 90 hours, with calling out of time (COT) of 85.01 hours.
2022 New Hire Flight Attendant Classes
- Class 22-01: 15 NH FAs reported to DFW on 22FEB
- Class 22-02: 15 NH FAs reported to DFW on 01MAR
- Class 22-03: 14 NH FAs reported to DFW on 08MAR
- Class 22-04: 14 NH FAs reported to DFW on 15MAR
- Class 22-05: 26 NH FAs reported to DFW on 22MAR
- Class 22-06: 21 NH FAs reported to DFW on 29MAR
- Class 22-07: 33 NH FAs reported to DFW on 19APR
- Class 22-08: 21 NH FAs reported to DFW on 26APR
- Class 22-09: 30 NH FAs reported to DFW on 03MAY
- Class 22-10: 25 NH FAs reporting to DFW on 10MAY
- Class 22-11: 13 NH FAs reporting to DFW on 17MAY
- Class 22-12: 15 NH FAs reporting to DFW on 31MAY
June Schedule Highlights
- Schedule Change: Friday, June 03
- Walmart Shareholders Meeting XNA: Friday, June 03 thru Saturday, June 04
- Father’s Day: Sunday, June 19
- Juneteenth: Sunday, June 19
- NCAA College Baseball World Series OMA: Thursday, June 16 thru Tuesday, June 28
- Independence Day Holiday Weekend: Friday, July 01
June kicks off the start of the summer schedule with an increase in flying systemwide. Many seasonal routes return to operating daily, increasing flying opportunities at DFW. Trip Construction remains primarily unchanged from May. ODANs continue to increase due to DFW operating all seasonal banks. We continue to monitor the increase in ODANs to ensure the base has the desired number of pairings. ODANs may provide some Flight Attendants with more flexibility when balancing work-life responsibilities. We stressed to the company that quality turns need to be increased as rapidly as ODANs have over the past few months.
Sit/connect times have decreased slightly for June. Sit times three hours and longer have decreased month-over-month to 2.3% of all domestic and NIPD flying. We appreciate the reduction in sit/connect times but believe further improvements are needed. Specifically calling attention to the current trend of building turns with lengthy and unnecessary sit times.
For June, trip construction concerns include two-day pairings with early report and late release times, lack of high time turns, commutable four-day pairings, four leg turns, aircraft routing resulting in loss of NIPD turns, and four leg duty days. We asked both ANC flights to operate as 1-1 two-day trips and not included in three-and four-day pairings, further reductions in three- and four-day trips and increased productive turns and two-day pairings. Layover rest 12 hours or longer remains high at 98.2% of all domestic and NIPD pairings. Once the FAA 10-hour rest requirement is officially implemented, information will be provided in relation to contractual obligations.
DFW was allocated 372,188 block hours for June, an increase of 7,421 hours from May. AUS satellite base was given 1,498 hours, a decrease of 2 hours. STL satellite base was assigned 4,335 hours, a decrease of 6 hours from May. The base did request an increase in allocated hours for both AUS and STL for July. American is flying 85.6% of its block hours from June 2019.
3FA and 4FA Sequence Durations
- 1-Day: 28.3%
- 2-Day: 36.1%
- 3-Day: 30.4%
- 4-Day: 5.1%
3FA and 4FA Overnight Rest Distribution
- Overnight Rest 10:30-11 hrs: 0.1%.
- Overnight Rest 11-12 hrs: 1.7%.
- Overnight Rest 12-14 hrs: 33.1%.
- Overnight Rest 14-16 hrs: 24.1%.
- Overnight Rest 16-24 hrs: 32.8%.
- Overnight Rest 24-34 hrs: 8.0%.
- Overnight Rest Greater than 34 hrs: 0.2%.
3FA & 4FA Productivity
- Credit Hours per Calendar Day: 5:08 hrs.
- Schedule Block Hours per Calendar Day: 4:36 hrs.
- Credit Hours per Duty Period: 5.41 hrs.
3FA & 4FA Sit-Time
- 2 Hours: 10.2%
- 2.5 Hours: 5.8%
- 3 Hours: 2.3%
3FA & 4FA Leg Distribution
- 1-Leg: 28.8%
- 2-Leg: 48.5%
- 3-Leg: 21.9%
- 4-Legs: 0.7%
3FA & 4FA Duty Distribution
Duty length is calculated including sign-in and release time.
- 3 hours or less of duty: 1.3%
- 3 to 4 hours of duty: 7.5%
- 4 to 5 hours of duty: 13.6%
- 5 to 6 hours of duty: 5.1%
- 6 to 7 hours of duty: 3.7%
- 7 to 8 hours of duty: 10.2%
- 8 to 9 hours of duty: 14.6%
- 9 to 10 hours of duty: 12.9%
- 10 to 11 hours of duty: 12.4%
- 11 to 12 hours of duty: 15.8%
- Greater than 12 hours: 3.0%
3FA & 4FA Block Distribution
- 3 hours or less: 16.2%
- 3 to 4 hours: 16.5%
- 4 to 5 hours: 10.7%
- 5 to 6 hours: 18.8%
- 6 to 7 hours: 18.2%
- 7 to 8 hours: 15.6%
- 8 to 9 hours: 3.6%
- Nine hours or greater: 0.3%
DFW Combined Operation Percentage of Sequences
All equipment all positions.
- 1-Day: 24.3%
- 2-Day: 29.5%
- 3-Day: 39.9%
- 4-Day: 6.2%
- 5-Day: 0.2%
Designated email for Allocations and Manning questions and concerns:
Be careful and fly safe!
Amber De Roxtra
APFA DFW Base President
Amy Knox Green
APFA DFW Base Vice President