Thursday, June 9, 2022
July 2022 Staffing and Allocations
***Staffing Information is Preliminary and Subject to Change***
- Active Headcount: 6,533
- Available Headcount: 6,071
- Bid Jobs/Line Holders: 4,620
- Reserves: 1,451 (23.9%)
- System Reserve: 23.5%
- Initial Reserve Seniority: 9704 (08 JAN 1996)
- No Voluntary (unpaid) Leave of Absence (VLOA) will be available.
- Vacancy Transfers reporting on 02JUL: 67
- New Hires reporting to DFW in JUL: 18
- Expected Open Line Average: 80.9 hours
- Expected System Line Average: 82.0 hours
2022 New Hire Flight Attendant Classes
- Class 22-01: 15 NH FAs reported to DFW on 22FEB
- Class 22-02: 15 NH FAs reported to DFW on 01MAR
- Class 22-03: 14 NH FAs reported to DFW on 08MAR
- Class 22-04: 14 NH FAs reported to DFW on 15MAR
- Class 22-05: 26 NH FAs reported to DFW on 22MAR
- Class 22-06: 21 NH FAs reported to DFW on 29MAR
- Class 22-07: 33 NH FAs reported to DFW on 19APR
- Class 22-08: 21 NH FAs reported to DFW on 26APR
- Class 22-09: 30 NH FAs reported to DFW on 03MAY
- Class 22-10: 25 NH FAs reporting to DFW on 10MAY
- Class 22-11: 13 NH FAs reporting to DFW on 17MAY
- Class 22-12: 15 NH FAs reporting to DFW on 31MAY
- Class 22-13: 14 NH FAs reporting to DFW on 07JUN
- Class 22-14: 18 NH FAs reporting to DFW on 14JUN
- Class 22-15: 0 NH FAs reporting to DFW on 28 JUN
July Schedule Highlights
- Critical Period/Incentive Credit: Friday, July 01 thru Thursday, July 07.
- Cherry Festival Traverse City: Sunday, July 03.
- Independence Day: Monday, July 04.
- World Games BHM: Wednesday, July 06 thru Saturday, July 09.
- World Athletic Championships EUG: Friday, July 15, Saturday, July 16, Monday, July 25.
- DFW will have one late bank cancellation (B9) on Tuesday and Wednesday for the month of July.
July is a 30-day month encompassing five weekends. Pairings are similar to June, with aircraft routing and fleet change exceptions. The operation is pulled down over the holiday weekend, DFW has one late bank cancellation on Sunday, July 03.
Each month the base addresses ongoing issues with trip construction. We request changes to problematic pairings in PBS. Flexibility and productivity are crucial for our members, especially during summer with increased family obligations and activities. Most domestic and NIPD pairings are low in time, work excessive legs per day, and often have lengthy sit/connect times. DFW’s desirable flying has disappeared under network planning, cross-routing of aircraft and optimizer programs parameters.
Specific issues we identified for July include the loss of high time turns, unnecessary sit times on current turns, new ANC flying not being built as a pure 1-1 two-day trip, lack of commutability on four-day trips and lengthy sit/ connect times on multiple days of a pairing. We provided a list of problematic pairings for review and modification.
The company continues to build layover rest eleven hours and greater with a few exceptions. For July, 98% of all layover rest is twelve hours or longer. The improvement in layover rest is in anticipation of the FAA 10-hour rest mandate under final governmental approval.
ODAN flying remains historically high, even with a slight reduction for July. ODANs provide flexibility and have been a popular option for many Flight Attendants this summer.
DFW was allocated 361,814 block hours for July, a decrease of 10,552 hours from June. AUS satellite base was given 1,498 hours, an increase of 12 hours. STL satellite base was assigned 4,374 hours, an increase of 39 hours from June. American is flying 88.5% of its block hours compared to July 2021.
3FA and 4FA Sequence Durations
- 1-Day: 28.7%
- 2-Day: 36.2%
- 3-Day: 29.9%
- 4-Day: 5.2%
3FA and 4FA Overnight Rest Distribution
- Overnight Rest 10:30-11 hrs: 0.2%.
- Overnight Rest 11-12 hrs: 1.6%.
- Overnight Rest 12-14 hrs: 35.4%.
- Overnight Rest 14-16 hrs: 22.9%.
- Overnight Rest 16-24 hrs: 31.8%.
- Overnight Rest 24-34 hrs: 7.4%.
- Overnight Rest Greater than 34 hrs: 0.6%.
3FA & 4FA Productivity
- Credit Hours per Calendar Day: 5:11 hrs.
- Schedule Block Hours per Calendar Day: 4:39 hrs.
- Credit Hours per Duty Period: 5.42 hrs.
3FA & 4FA Sit-Time
- 2 Hours: 10.8%
- 2.5 Hours: 6.2%
- 3 Hours: 2.1%
3FA & 4FA Leg Distribution
- 1-Leg: 28.0%
- 2-Leg: 48.9%
- 3-Leg: 22.1%
- 4-Legs: 0.9%
3FA & 4FA Duty Distribution
Duty length is calculated including sign-in and release time.
- 3 hours or less of duty: 1.5%
- 3 to 4 hours of duty: 7.4%
- 4 to 5 hours of duty: 13.0%
- 5 to 6 hours of duty: 5.2%
- 6 to 7 hours of duty: 3.5%
- 7 to 8 hours of duty: 9.9%
- 8 to 9 hours of duty: 15.4%
- 9 to 10 hours of duty: 13.4%
- 10 to 11 hours of duty: 11.7%
- 11 to 12 hours of duty: 16.1%
- Greater than 12 hours: 3.1%
3FA & 4FA Block Distribution
- 3 hours or less: 15.7%
- 3 to 4 hours: 15.8%
- 4 to 5 hours: 11.4%
- 5 to 6 hours: 18.7%
- 6 to 7 hours: 19.0%
- 7 to 8 hours: 15.4%
- 8 to 9 hours: 3.8%
- Nine hours or greater: 0.2%
DFW Combined Operation Percentage of Sequences
All equipment all positions.
- 1-Day: 24.3%
- 2-Day: 29.8%
- 3-Day: 39.8%
- 4-Day: 6.1%
- 5-Day: 0.4%
- 6+Day: 0.3%
Designated email for Allocations and Manning questions and concerns: