Friday, October 13, 2017
- Future APFA Elections to be Conducted by Mail Balloting – LAA/LUS
- Keeping Good Records While on an IOD – LAA/LUSk
- APFA Supports TWU Picket in NYC- LAA/LUS
- Uniform Reaction Update – LAA/LUS
Future APFA Elections to be Conducted by Mail Balloting – LAA/LUS
The APFA Board of Directors (BOD) concluded the Fall BOD meeting this week in Dallas/Fort Worth. The agenda included Resolution #3 which passed unanimously. Resolution #3 resolved that the upcoming National Officer re-run elections (date to be announced) will be conducted by mail balloting. It further resolved that all future elections will be conducted by mail balloting until such time that the BOD chooses to revisit the decision.
Per the APFA Policy Manual, full minutes of the meeting will be made available on the APFA website within 30 days.
Keeping Good Records While on an IOD – LAA/LUS
It is extremely important to keep an accurate record of everything that happens from the time that your injury occurs until your case is eventually closed. It is in your best interest to start a file with all of the records listed below so that you will have all your documents in one place should you need them.
- All paperwork documenting your injury
- All medical reports and records
- All correspondences with AA, Sedgwick, doctors, nurse case managers, attorneys or anyone else involved in you case
- Records of all income and benefits received
- A record of mileage related to your medical treatment
- A telephone and email log including names, dates and what was discussed
Note: In addition to the records listed above, LUS Flight Attendants should print and save a copy of their initial IOD report since they file IODs online.
If you have any questions or ongoing issues, contact APFA National IOD Chair Bellia Peckson at email@example.com
APFA Supports TWU Picket in NYC- LAA/LUS
TWU has organized another picket—this time at the site of active contract negotiations in New York City on October 18, 2017. We encourage APFA members to walk with TWU in a display of solidarity and support. With the continued support of all four unions on property, this event will send a strong message to American Airlines that its unionized employees are committed to the fight for industry leading contracts.
Uniform Reaction Update – LAA/LUS