New IOD Reporting Process – LAA/LUS
APFA has been informed that American Airlines has partnered with Sedgwick to change the process to report an Injury on Duty (IOD).
Beginning January 1, 2018, LUS and LAA Flight Attendants will be able to immediately report an IOD 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling:
Calls will be answered by a registered nurse who will:
1) Assess and recommend appropriate medical care options
2) Complete the report regarding your IOD and send you the AA IOD brochure
Twenty-four to forty-eight hours after the call, you will receive an automated satisfaction survey. We recommend that you complete the survey based on your experience.
Effective January 1, 2018, the process for IOD reporting will be the same for both LAA and LUS.
LAA Flight Attendants will no longer be required to report their injury to a Flight Service Manager .
LUS Flight Attendants will no longer be required to complete an online IOD report (aka. old Safety Event Report (SER).)
Emergency or Non-Emergency
- In the event of a medical emergency, do not wait to speak with a nurse – go to the nearest emergency room or call 911.
- For non-emergency situations call 1-844-RPRT-IOD (1-844-777-8463) to report your injury.
International Illness or Injury
- It is critical that you contact MedAire for any injury or illness while traveling internationally.
Within the U.S.: 1-877-346-9174
Outside the U.S.: 1-480-333-3801
- MedAire ensures coordination of communication with operations, guarantees payment for treatment, and ensures the quality of care is up to U.S. standards.
- After contacting MedAire, please contact 1-844-RPRT-IOD (1-844-777-8463) to report your injury.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns do not hesitate to call the APFA National IOD Department:
LAA IOD Representatives can be reached at 817-540-0108 ext. 8303
LUS IOD and Health Representatives can be reached at 817-540-0108 ext. 8304
APFA National IOD Chair
For issues with logging into your account please contact the Membership Department during regular business hours at (817) 540-0108 ext. 8153.
For important or time-sensitive issues regarding contract, scheduling, health, IOD, or other department-related questions please visit the department contact information page to contact the department you need. For immediate assistance please call APFA headquarters at (817) 540-0108
Visit the Contact Us page for general questions or media inquiries.