Coming Changes in August for LAA Flight Attendants
- Report (sign-in) times will increase by 15 minutes for IPD flights
- Report (sign-in) times for deadheads will be the same as for working crew members
- DFPs will no longer exist as we know them, and we’ll simply have a minimum number of days off
What LAA traditionally called Sign-in and Debrief will now be referred to as Report and Release times using JCBA terminology. Effective with the August bid month:
- The report time for IPD flights will increase from 1:00 hour to 1:15 hours prior to the scheduled departure time. Ex: You are scheduled to work DFW-GRU where the scheduled departure time is 19:30 HBT. The report time is 18:15 HBT.
- Release (debrief) time for domestic legs will remain at 15 minutes after block-in.
- Release (debrief) time for international (IPD or NIPD) legs will remain at 30 minutes after block-in.
- Domestic and NIPD deadhead report times will be 1:00 hour prior to departure (same as working crew)
- IPD deadheads will be 1:15 hours prior to departure (same as working crew)
- For deadheads to/from training, the report time is 1:00 hour
Minimum Days Off
Effective with the August bid month, DFPs will no longer exist as we know them today, and will simply become days off. Gone are the days of having to rearrange DOs when picking up or trading trips.
- Lineholders will have at least 11 scheduled calendar days off each month
- Reserves will have at least 12 scheduled days off each month
- 8 golden days
- 4 flex days
Note: Minimum days off can be waived by using TTS, ETB, and PBS (when PBS comes to your base).
Future JCBA updates will follow on more changes coming in August including double-ups and last live leg.