- Presidential Grievance Filed on Crew Accommodations
- Trending FAQs – TTS Practice Runs – LAA
- Duty and Rest for Training- LUS
- Uniform Reaction Report
Presidential Grievance Filed on Crew Accommodations
JCBA Section 6 contractual violations include but are not limited to:
- 6.A. – Not following the intent of both parties to adhere to the Legacy American Airlines’ past practice of selecting hotels.
- 6.A.2. & 6.B.1. – Lack of clean and quiet accommodations with adequate eating facilities.
- 6.A.3. – Not making every effort to avoid delays in room assignments at all hotels.
- 6.B.2. – Lack of ODAN hotels at airport.
- 6.B.3. – Not considering the items listed in 6.B.3.a-k.
- 6.B.4. – Not providing like lodging accommodations when regularly assigned hotels are not available.
- 6.D.3. – Hotel and transportation information not updated in the crew management system.
- 6.D.3. – Lack of notification of accommodation/transportation changes.
- 6.D.3. – Hotel accommodations and transportation information not provided prior to departure.
To that end, APFA National President Nena Martin filed a Presidential Grievance demanding that the Company immediately cease and desist from breaching JCBA Section 6 and any related sections of the JCBA.
A. Marie Plevritis
APFA National Hotel Chair
Trending FAQs – TTS Practice Runs – LAA
Since we announced the start of the TTS Daily Practice Runs for LAA Flight Attendants earlier this month, we’ve received the following trending FAQs we’d like to share:
Q: Is the TTS app time preference determined by the device or by my employee number?
A: Once you set it, it will be attached to your employee number. You may also switch back and forth if you desire.
Q: Will purser-qualified Flight Attendants be able to indicate that they want to move up if the purser position opens?
A: Yes. TTS and UBL (Unsuccessful Bidders List) are available for a position move-up (Section 10.F.6.).
Q: If there is an open purser-position in TTS, will it award strictly in seniority order, or attempt to award to qualified pursers first?
A: TTS will look for a purser-qualified Flight Attendant first and continue to do so nightly until 2 days prior. If the purser position still has not been covered, it will be passed on to the UBL. If no purser-qualified Flight Attendants request that sequence, the position would be awarded to a non-purser Flight Attendant on the UBL.
Q: Does TTS automatically waive minimum home base rest (HBR) if I bid for a trip that would need reduced rest?
A: Yes, TTS automatically waives minimum home base rest to no less than FAR plus 1:30 when awarded. The waiver would only apply to the awarded sequence.
Duty and Rest for Training – LUS
JCBA 29.H.1 states that a duty period for travel to/from training as well as training time will not exceed 16 hours. This 16-hour period will start at either the beginning of the training class, or at check-in for the deadhead flight to training from your crew base (one hour prior). The 16-hour period will end at either the conclusion of the training class, or at the check-out from the deadhead flight to your crew base (:15 after block-in). Please be mindful of your duty day maximums. If you require hotel accommodations as a result of delayed training events/ flights, be sure to reach out to Crew Tracking for assistance.LAA Flight Attendants will fall under JCBA 29.H when their base transitions to PBS.
Paul Hartshorn Jr.
APFA National Contract Chair