Yesterday APFA had the privilege of joining our brother and sister Unions, TWU, IAM, APA, and CWA at a Rally at DFW Airport. Our mission was to support the hundreds of TWU and IAM members who need a contract.
Join our official WAAke Up American Facebook Page!
Join our Facebook page https://m.facebook.com/groups/713377829061172 to learn more about our campaigns and picketing events!
Mark your calendar to call in for the “Scoop” with the National Officers, Contract, Scheduling and PBS Nov 13th at 12:30 CST
As announced in last week’s Scoop we have our Presidential and Board of Directors Negotiator appointees. We have our full team. This week we met to discuss how to represent you. We look forward to engaging you in the process. Keep an eye out for additional updates and information.
When a Worker’s Compensation Physician Addresses a Work Status
While on an IOD, a worker’s compensation physician must address a work status to the insurance company and American.
Sedgwick and American are aware that Light Duty is not an option for Flight Attendants. Light duty and restricted duty means a Flight Attendant will remain off work until the doctor releases you to full duty without restrictions.
Flight Attendant Certification / Airman Certificate
There is no mandate from the FAA that a Flight Attendant must carry their Flight Attendant Airman Certificate while on duty.
If a Flight Attendant is asked to present it by an FAA Inspector and does not have it on their person, they will have to supply a copy to the inspector within the time allotted.
It is good practice to carry it with you; however it is not required. If you need to replace your Flight Attendant Airman Certificate you may do so here.
– Jeffrey Ewing, APFA National Safety & Security Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
Where Will You Be Tuesday, November 6th?
Will you be voting in person on Election Day? Or will you be flying? If so, exercise your right and VOTE EARLY or by absentee ballot.
Early voting is in full swing in most states and there are many toss up races. The difference could be just a few votes. Take a moment to research who is running in your district and what they stand for. By entering your address, you can find out who will be on your ballot and make an informed decision at the polls.
Schedules change and lines on Election Day can be long. Vote early, make sure it counts. Just 13 days until this critical midterm election.
– Allie Malis, APFA National Government Affairs Representative, email@example.com
Changes with JCBA PBS
- Increase in home based rest: For domestic duty periods, home based rest is now 11 hours , for NIPD duty periods, home based rest is now 12 hours.
- 35/7 is now 30/7 for lineholders only.
- Carryover credit waiver: You can now designate carry-over time to be counted or not counted when bidding in PBS. This is only for PBS credit purposes.
– Alin Boswell, Julie Hedrick, Linda Haertling, Vicki Balistreri, APFA Joint Scheduling Implementation Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please continue to utilize the Uniform Reaction Report Form on the APFA website if you experience a suspected reaction to your uniform.