October PBS Bid Summary & Mis-Award Process
The average credit hours projected for lines of flying in a particular bid month. This value is determined by manpower planning for each base and is set base in PBS prior to the bid run. It is displayed on the message board of your dashboard tab. After the PBS run the actual time is displayed in the summary.
Reserve (Final and Open)
Open displays how many reserves were anticipated for the month. Final is the actual number of reserves.
High/ Low Lines
Amount of hours that were awarded below 70 hrs and above 90 hours.
Flight Attendants who had at least 7 days of vacation, who are eligible to bid low (40-69 hrs) and were given priority for a low credit line.
Last awarded low with VL (vacation low) lists the line and employee number.
Constraints: Min/ Max
Min displays the line # / and employee # of the Flight Attendant whose seniority and below was awarded above the minimum stated hours.
Max displays the line #/ employee # of the Flight Attendant whose seniority and below was not awarded above the stated number of hours.
Statistics for the month bid awards.
PBS Mis-Award Process
Once the Flight Attendant receives their award and they have questions concerning the award or believe there has been a mis-award the Flight Attendant should do the following:
- The Flight Attendant should contact the FABRC for a review and evaluation of the award.
- The FABRC representative advises the Flight Attendant if there has been a potential mis-award or not. If there has been a potential mis-award it will be referred to the PBS admin team and sent to AOS for validation.
- If the award has been referred to the PBS admin team or AOS, a FABRC member will call and advise the Flight Attendant of the results and if a mis-award has occurred. They will provide the Flight Attendant with a detailed description of how they need to proceed regarding pay protection(s).
- If the Flight Attendant has been advised they do not have a mis-award and would like to challenge the information they then would contact the JSIC for review. Please complete the PBS Mis-Award form on the APFA website by following this link.
- The JSIC will further review the results to determine if a mis-award has occurred.
For procedures that apply once a mis-award has been confirmed, you may view a sample letter you will receive from the FABRC here.
As a reminder, the PBS mis-award window has been extended to September 26th at 1200 CDT.