Sunday, March 29, 2020
Pandemic Pay – COVID-19 Diagnosis/Quarantine
Each day our Flight Attendants are being impacted in some way by COVID-19. Whether you are flying, under “Shelter in Place” orders, caring for family members who are diagnosed, have been diagnosed yourself, or required to take precautionary measures due to exposure, we want to ensure your pay is protected. Therefore, we have secured a Letter of Agreement providing COVID-19 – Pay for Pandemic Leave. In this letter the Company will provide support to Flight Attendants who are affected by COVID-19 in the following ways:
- Flight Attendants are eligible for 2 weeks paid time off if a medical doctor, the CDC, and/or a local public health professional requires the Flight Attendant to be quarantined due to exposure to a confirmed case of COVID-19, or if they have a confirmed diagnosis.
- Under this Pandemic Leave the Flight Attendant will not be required to use Family Leave or accrued sick time.
- Additionally, under this Pandemic Leave the Flight Attendant will not receive attendance points or occurrences.
- Affected Flight Attendants will need to provide written documentation from the doctor, the CDC, and/or local public health professional that states they are required to be quarantined or they have a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19,
- To process the Pandemic Leave, please call the company’s Pandemic Response Team at 1-800-447-2000 to process the Pandemic Leave.
We have also confirmed if a Flight Attendant is mid-sequence and is diagnosed with COVID-19 and quarantined, they will be withheld from service with pay (code “13”) and will have their trips/reserve days pay-protected. Additionally, for every 2 days off during this mid sequence quarantine, the FA will receive 1 day of 5 hours SA pay.
As a reminder….. Any Flight Attendant who displays symptoms of COVID-19 should call in sick and contact a doctor. If they are diagnosed with COVID-19, and required to be quarantined, the Flight Attendant should call the Pandemic Response Team at 1-800-447-2000 for assistance.
I know there is no way to predict and cover every scenario in a letter of agreement, but please know APFA will ensure any case involving quarantine by a doctor, the CDC or Local Health Professionals, will be reviewed by the Company.
APFA National Vice President