Wednesday, May 20, 2020
MedExpress Now Providing No Cost
COVID-19 Testing in the Dallas-Fort Worth Area
Priority testing for coronavirus (COVID-19) is now available at MedExpress in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. MedExpress provides testing, even if you are not showing symptoms of COVID-19.
This priority testing is available to you and your covered dependents, regardless if they have symptoms or not. COVID-19 screening and testing are covered at 100% under American’s medical plans. There is no direct cost to you, provided you are currently enrolled in coverage.
Here are the details:
- No symptoms required. Whether you are showing symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or no symptoms, MedExpress will still evaluate you for testing.
- Virtual visit screenings are also available. For your convenience, you can opt for an online virtual visit to expedite the testing process. Start by calling 833-913-2759 to schedule your virtual visit. You will be given directions on how to download Zoom for your appointment and get logged in.
- Get tested. Once you complete your screening, an order will be written for you to receive drive-up testing. When you arrive in the parking lot, remain in your vehicle. MedExpress staff will direct you when it is your turn. In case of inclement weather, call the center from your car for instructions.
- Two testing site options. MedExpress offers the priority drive-up screening and testing at two locations:
- Irving Center, 3413 N. Belt Line Road, Irving, 972-252-9809.
- Keller Center, 5700 N. Tarrant Parkway, Fort Worth, 817-281-0196.
You will be notified of your test results in two to four days.
Virtual Visit Screenings
If you are showing symptoms consistent with COVID-19, you can also be screened through a virtual visit with Doctor On Demand or Premise Health. You also have access to Premise Health’s Test Site Finder to help locate a testing center near you.
Stay Healthy and Safe,
APFA National Health Chair