Tuesday, September 1, 2020
Aflac® Open Enrollment
As a reminder, Aflac® Open Enrollment is now open until Wednesday, September 9th for its Voluntary Supplemental Benefits offering to our membership. Policy coverage will be effective October 1st.
Voluntary Early Out Program (VEOP) Flight Attendants:
- Leave of Employment – When a member retires, terminates or does not return to work, the last day of employment is considered the termination date and they must contact Aflac® Group customer service at 1-800-433-3036 within thirty (30) days for a “port package.” Please refer to portability below.*
Short-Term Leave of Absence (STLOA), Extended Voluntary Leave of Absence (EVLOA) and paid VLOA Flight Attendants:
- Eligible to add new plans and/or make changes to existing coverage during open enrollment
- Premiums should continue to be remitted for coverage to remain in force
- Service Request Form (SRF) can be used for “cancellation of coverage”; it must be signed by the insured and submitted for the cancellation to be processed. Remember that it may take up to two billing cycles for changes to be updated.
Furloughed Flight Attendants:
For those Flight Attendants who may be furloughed, APFA will consider you as active if your premiums are current, and you are receiving salary and benefits continuance. Should you need to file a short-term disability claim during that period, please contact APFA before filing for all documents and information relating to your situation. You may email your request to email@example.com.
The Plans Being Offered:
- Short-Term Disability
- 24-Hour Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Hospital Indemnity
You can schedule a one-on-one appointment with a benefit counselor to walk you through the process by scheduling in advance by clicking the Book Now link below: (New York and Puerto Rico use self-serve only option)
- Call Center Phone: 877-453-2385
- Call Center Hours: 09:00 (CDT) until 18:00 (CDT) Monday – Friday, and 09:00 (CDT) until 12:00 (CDT) on Saturday
To self-enroll online please click the Enroll Now link below.
Please Note: Flight Attendants who live in New York and Puerto Rico must enroll using the self-serve option only. A benefit counselor cannot take your enrollment via the call center option, by law.
*Portability – Aflac® Group does not contact member to notify them of their portability options. If an employee wishes to continue coverage after leaving the group, they should call Customer Service and request to continue coverage. A member has 30 days after leaving employment to notify Aflac® Group 1-800-433-3036 that they wish to complete a porting packet to continue coverage.
- Aflac® Group Disability coverage must be in force for at least six months before it can be ported
- We cannot accept premium for Disability products while employees are not working. If the member maintains another job then the disability can be ported.
For All Members (ACTIVE, VEOP, EVLOA, STLOA, etc.), you are eligible for TELEMEDICINE and may self-enroll at www.247apfa.com
****NEW*** Aflac® is providing an intuitive customized mobile app for all customer service and enrollment needs to include but not be limited to, claims, policy documents, and policy changes. In response to, and also in an effort to help accommodate our unique schedules, a one-stop-shop platform has been created to better your convenience 24/7. Please stay tuned for the next hotline announcement for the download link for your mobile device.
During the COVID-19 grace-period members may have missed premium payments. To make one-time payments to catch-up, click here. Register with the email on file with Aflac®.
APFA National Health Chair