Friday, October 23, 2020
Lineholder Sequence Pay Protection Exception for November 2020
For the November bid month, pay protections for COVID-19-related cancellations will be pay protected for their original value, plus premiums (Speaker, International, Galley and Purser pay). A list for all COVID-19-related cancellations can be found on Jetnet > Flight Service > Crew Resources > Scheduling > Nov 2020 Covid Cancellations. This list will be updated routinely.
You may “double dip” per JCBA Section 10.E.3.m. over these sequences via TTS and UBL only. Any trips picked from the ETB on a pay protected calendar day will cancel out the pay protection per the Letter of Agreement and JCBA.
Sequences with partial cancellations or rescheduling will be pay protected under the JCBA pay protection language in JCBA Section 10. These include Crew Substitution, Equipment Substitution, Last Sequence/Last Series of Sequences, and Rescheduling.
Examples of JCBA Pay Protection and Codes:
- XR: Crew Substitution – another crew flies one or more segment that was on your original sequence (JCBA Section. 10.J.10.)
- LS: Last sequence/Last series – your last sequence or series of sequences of the month has partial or complete cancellations. Last sequences are listed in the header of your HI1 with the word LAST or LOCK (JCBA Section 10.L.)
- EC: Equipment Substitution – an aircraft has been downgraded, and the most senior FA is allowed to be removed with pay (JCBA Section 10.J.9.)
- DC: Direct Conflict – a sequence is delayed causing you to be unavailable for your next scheduled sequence (JCBA Section 10.V.8.)
- FI: FAR Illegal – a sequence is delayed and creates a FAR legality issue for your next scheduled sequence (JCBA Section 10.K.)
- RS: Rescheduling- Reporting earlier than originally scheduled (JCBA Section 10.J.2.d.) Sequence disruption after report (JCBA Section 10.J.3.), Sequence disruptions after departure of first flight (JCBA Section 10.J.4.), and Return to Crew Base (JCBA Section 10.J.7.)
- RR: Re-route – DH to catch up to the original flying on a sequence following a cancellation or disruption (JCBA Section 10.J.1.e.)
There will be no pay protection limits based on your PBS award with this Letter of Agreement. This will make it easier for high time flyers to be able to pick up and trade sequences.
The Company will pay these pay protections as soon as practicable, and will make every effort to update your PROJ/PPROJ as quickly as possible and will process the cancellations at least weekly.
Any sequence that cancels completely without being rescheduled due to weather or maintenance is not covered under this Letter of Agreement and is not pay protected under the JCBA. If you need to make up the time for a full sequence cancellation that is not cancelled as COVID related can be done via TTS, UBL and ETB.
Any applicable Voluntary Extension and/or Red Flag Pay will be paid separately and are not part of the comparison to the line value. VE pay and Red Flag pay are shown on the HI3 and will be added in at close out as usual.
If you have any questions about this Letter of Agreement for November pay protection, please contact your APFA Base Leadership or call the APFA Contract and Scheduling Desk at 817-540-0108, Monday through Friday from 0900-1700 (CDT).
APFA National Contract Chair
APFA National Scheduling Chair