Friday, November 20, 2020
Lineholder Sequence Pay Protection Exception for December 2020
For the December bid month, APFA has secured pay protections for partial and full sequence COVID-19 cancellations. A list for all COVID-19 cancellations can be found on Jetnet > Flight Service > Crew Resources > Scheduling. The list will be updated routinely.
If you experience a partial COVID-19 related cancellation you will be pay protected for the original value of the sequence at the time of the award, excluding premiums.
If you experience a full COVID-19 related cancellation, you will be pay protected for the original value of the sequence at the time of the award, including premiums.
In both instances, you may double dip on per JCBA Section 10.E.3.m. over these sequences via TTS and UBL only. Any trips picked up from the ETB on a pay protected calendar day will cancel out the pay protection per the Letter of Agreement and JCBA.
If you experience a partial or full sequence cancellation which is non COVID-19 related, the following protections found in JCBA Section 10 such as, Crew Substitution, Equipment Substitution, Last Sequence/Last Series of Sequence, and Rescheduling still apply.
Examples of JCBA Pay Protection and Codes:
- XR: Crew Substitution – another crew flies one or more segment that was on your original sequence (JCBA Section. 10.J.10.)
- LS: Last sequence/Last series – your last sequence or series of sequences of the month has partial or complete cancellations. Last sequences are listed in the header of your HI1 with the word LAST or LOCK (JCBA Section 10.L.)
- EC: Equipment Substitution – an aircraft has been downgraded, and the most senior FA is allowed to be removed with pay (JCBA Section 10.J.9.)
- DC: Direct Conflict – a sequence is delayed causing you to be unavailable for your next scheduled sequence (JCBA Section 10.V.8.)
- FI: FAR Illegal – a sequence is delayed and creates a FAR legality issue for your next scheduled sequence (JCBA Section 10.K.)
- RS: Rescheduling- Reporting earlier than originally scheduled (JCBA Section 10.J.2.d.) Sequence disruption after report (JCBA Section 10.J.3.), Sequence disruptions after departure of first flight (JCBA Section 10.J.4.), and Return to Crew Base (JCBA Section 10.J.7.)
- RR: Re-route – DH to catch up to the original flying on a sequence following a cancellation or disruption (JCBA Section 10.J.1.e.)
December Pay Protection Exceptions are not based on your original December PBS bid award. You are not required to submit a direct connect to receive pay protections.
The Company will pay these pay protections as soon as practicable, and will make every effort to update your PROJ/PPROJ as quickly as possible and will process the cancellations at least weekly.
Any sequence that cancels completely without being rescheduled due to weather or maintenance is not covered under this Letter of Agreement and is not pay protected under the JCBA. If you need to make up the time for a full sequence cancellation that is not cancelled as COVID related can be done via TTS, UBL and ETB.
If you have any questions about this Letter of Agreement for December pay protection, please contact your APFA Base Leadership or call the APFA Contract and Scheduling Desk at 817-540-0108, Monday through Friday from 0900-1700 (CDT).
APFA National President