Sunday, February 27, 2022
RSVCOT – Reserve Calling Out of Time
As we approach the end of the February contractual month, we want to provide some reminders regarding your Reserve monthly maximum and Reserve Calling Out of Time (RSVCOT). The Reserve monthly maximum is 90 hours for all bases for February. That means the company cannot assign you a sequence that projects you over 90 hours. Once your RSVCOT reaches 85.01 or higher, you may call to be released from any remaining reserve days. After you’ve signed in for the sequence that pushes your RSVCOT to 85.01 or more, you may call Crew Scheduling to inform them you are calling out of time.
- Reserve Calling Out of Time (RSVCOT) is not an automatic release for the remaining available days. You must call to be released.
- If you have called out of time and been released from your remaining Reserve days, these days will be considered off days. You may pick up additional flying from ETB or submit a bid to pick up on FD/GD (ROTA) or ROTD (check award into FD/GD waiver). You may utilize these bids to pick up Red Flag trips.
- If you have not called out of time (been released), based on your ROTA future or standing bid you can be awarded one time above 90.00 hours. Remember to remove any future or standing bids in ROTA if your RSVCOT is between 85.01 and 90.00 hours and you do not want to be awarded a sequence in ROTA.
- If your RSVCOT is less than 90.00 hours and you do not call out of time (get released), you can continue to submit aggressive bids and be awarded through ROTD. The aggressive hours will not count towards RSVCOT.
- If your RSVCOT is 90.00 hours or more, you cannot be awarded or assigned in ROTA or ROTD. You will not be able to pick up on remaining Reserve days until you are released.
- If you submit an aggressive bid for standby, the standby credit will count towards calling out of time. If you are assigned a sequence during the standby shift, those hours will also count towards calling out of time.
APFA Contract & Scheduling Desk
Call or text 817-540-0108
Monday – Friday, 0700 – 1900 (CT)
APFA Live Messaging
Monday – Friday: 1500 – 2300 (CT)
Weekends and Holidays: 0900 – 1700 (CT)
(Link may be found on homepage of APFA.org)