2023–24 Holiday Incentive Pay
Thursday, December 14, 2023
The Holiday Incentive Pay dates are:
- November 22-23 and 26-27
- December 24, 25, 26, 31
- January 1
If you are missing HOLIDAY PAY on your mid-month check:
When submitting a form to either the company or APFA, please include as many details as possible. APFA does not have access to your pay stub. Please include screenshots on the form.
Here are some additional details:
- “Flown” hours are block hours. Eligible hours are those flown within a leg or segment that touch the holiday. Deadheads are credited block hours and as such are eligible for the holiday pay.
- It’s important to note that paid and credited hours as a result of duty, trip or minimum day rigs are not eligible for the holiday premium.
- If the departure or arrival (local station time) touches the holiday, you will be paid the holiday pay.
- Holiday pay is based on scheduled or actual. This means you will be paid the holiday premium on the greater of scheduled or actual flying time.
- If you were not originally scheduled to fly on the holiday, but as a result of a reschedule or an early or late departure/arrival the leg(s) flown touch the holiday, you will now be eligible for the holiday premium.
- Since holiday pay is based on hours “flown”, flights or trips that cancel will not be paid the holiday premium. This includes hours that are pay protected by other provisions in the JCBA.
- Flight Attendants serving airport standby will be eligible for holiday pay. All standby hours within a shift that touch the holiday will be eligible. This means that if your standby crosses over midnight of the holiday, you are eligible for holiday pay for all the standby hours.
- Flight Attendants who have a report/no fly event on a holiday will be eligible for the holiday premium on any applicable call out pay.
- ODAN Exception: Hours flown as a scheduled On-Duty All Nighter (ODAN) in a single duty period that touches a holiday day will be eligible for the holiday pay. This means that if you are on an ODAN that touches a holiday, you will be eligible for the holiday premium for the block hours flown on both legs of the sequence.
- Holiday pay will not apply to JCBA premiums such as Lead, Galley, International, Speaker, etc.
APFA National Contract Chair
APFA National Scheduling Chair