Wednesday, April 29, 2020
Special Enrollment Now Until May 8th
APFA is pleased to provide Aflac’s special open enrollment as an option for all of our members.
- Special Enrollment Dates: Now until Friday, May 8th
- Call Center Phone: 877-453-2385
- Call Center Hours: 09:00 (CDT) until 17:00 (CDT) Monday – Friday, and 10:00am (CDT) until 14:00 (CDT) on Saturday
- Any active or inactive Flight Attendant may enroll
- The plans being offered are: 24-Hour Accident Insurance, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, and Dental.
- All of the plans are transferable at retirement
- Coverage will be offered to any applicant without regard to health status
Schedule an Appointment:
By scheduling an appointment, you are scheduling to receive a call from one of our Benefit Enrollment Specialists at your convenience.
APFA Self-Enrollment Portal for Aflac® Supplemental Benefits
It’s important to note that if you reside in the state of New York, you can only enroll online through the self-enrollment portal)
- Does this replace the September Annual Enrollment?
No. This is a special enrollment process.
- Can I sign up for Short Term Disability?
No. Short-Term Disability is only available during September Annual Enrollment.
- Can I pay for the policies on my own?
Yes. The Self-Pay forms are available on the Aflac pages of our APFA website and will be provided at the end of your enrollment with Aflac®.
- Can I take the policies with me if I am retiring?
Yes, all but the Short-Term Disability.
- Can I add on products if I am already enrolled?
Yes. You can do that during this process.
- Why can I not see the prices or information on the cost?
Other than the standard Group Accident Policy (which averages $2.72 semi-monthly) and the Hospital Indemnity Plan (which averages $10.63 semi-monthly), the cost of the plans is related to your situation (spouse, children, age, smoker vs. non-smoker, etc.).
- Can I double-dip with other policies I have purchased?
Yes. These are voluntary supplemental policies. The policy pays out regardless of any other insurance.
- Will the policy pay my doctor directly?
Aflac® payouts are direct to the consumer.
- What is the Telemedicine offer, and what is the benefit?
The Telemedicine offer is a considerable benefit mostly because it is affordable. It covers your entire family for the same price, and most importantly, there are $0 co-pays or deductibles. Many other plans want you to pay a co-pay once you see the doctor through the portal. Here’s the link: www.247APFA.com
If you have any questions, you can always email AFLAC@apfa.org
APFA National Health Chair