Tuesday, August 25, 2020
Together We Will Get Through This
It is a pivotal time in the airline industry. For many of us with many decades of flying with American, there have been many changes. But nothing that really tugs at us as much as the world of travel these days. It is completely non-existent from what this exciting, adventurous career once was.
Our Critical Incident Response Team and our EAP team are all here for you. The following message is from LAX Team Base Coordinator for CIRT, Patty Abruzzo:
We certainly have been living through some scary and uncertain times as Flight Attendants. For the FAs who have continued to work, I commend you and give you my full respect. We still have many unknowns ahead of us and everyday has a new story or rumor.
I am the Team Base Coordinator for our CIRT team at LAX. The Critical Incident Response Team….Along with our CIRT team, at anytime you feel the need to talk, please reach out to our 24/7 hotline or to EAP or to even me personally. None of us need to feel scared or alone during such an uncertain time.
Please feel free to call 24/7:
- APFA EAP Department at (817) 540-0108 ext. 8701
- AA/APFA Critical Incident Response Team (800) 998-8194
- Suicide Hotline (800) 273-8255
Critical Incident Response Team (CIRT) Base Representatives
- CIRT Lead Representative – Susie Wallace: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CIRT Clinical Director – Patty French: email@example.com
- BOS/DCA/RDU – Litra Simms-Knight: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CLT – Lisa Moon: email@example.com
- DFW – Mark Arceneaux: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LGA – Sonia Rodriguez: email@example.com and Sharon Dunn: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LAX – Patty Abruzzo: email@example.com
- MIA – Joe Stanko: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ORD/STL – Melinda Canaday: email@example.com
- PHL – Bill Ibarra: firstname.lastname@example.org and Graham Thompson: email@example.com
- PHX/SFO – Laura Lyman: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Representatives
- Heidi Sakacs: email@example.com
- Susie Wallace: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bill Ibarra: email@example.com
- Sharon Dunn: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joe Stanko: email@example.com
Professional Standards (PS) Representatives
- National Representative – Jillian Bocenda: firstname.lastname@example.org
- DCA – Dianne Britton: email@example.com
“Together” by Di
We have weathered, the storms, the hail, and the rains.
We’ve gone through much turbulence that’s rocked us and our planes.
We’ve stood by each other no matter what Wings,
To fight for improvements true Unity brings!
We’ve overcome bankruptcy, furloughs, and stress.
And forged through mergers, with both loss and success.
We’ve watched as our aircraft have crashed to the ground.
That cowards on 9/11 failed in keeping us down.
We smile through face masks, on chaotic flights.
While worrying about our own health and the fear it ignites.
If we can’t lean on each other, or offer hugs of support.
We will again rise to this challenge with strength and rapport.
So let’s reach out to one another, as Flight Attendants do best.
Yes, we have weathered these storms and will conquer the rest!
Dianne M. Britton
APFA National EAP Specialist