Friday, August 19, 2022
APFA Base EAP Peer Committee Representative Recruitment
Do you like helping others? Are you a good listener?
The APFA Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is looking for Flight Attendants to join the APFA EAP Peer Committee to provide support and assistance to Flight Attendants at each crew base.
What is the APFA EAP Peer Committee?
APFA Employee Assistance Program (EAP) will consist of Flight Attendants volunteering their time to provide support for Flight Attendants and their family members, offering confidential assistance with personal and work-related concerns.
Members of the APFA EAP will provide services offering emotional support, referral information, assistance with conflict resolution, and support following a traumatic event, both on and off the job.
APFA EAP committee members will attend a three-day basic APFA EAP peer training supported by APFA. The APFA EAP training will be held in Dallas, TX, on October 25-27, 2022. Following completion of basic APFA EAP peer training, you will begin your role as a base team member of the APFA EAP.
The APFA EAP National Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that every APFA EAP Committee Member is provided with ongoing case consultation support.
What qualities do I need to be an APFA EAP Peer Committee Representative*?
- Are you capable of remaining non-judgmental, regardless of the Flight Attendant’s concern?
- Are you willing to uphold strict confidentiality guidelines?
- Are you a member in “good standing” with APFA?
- Are you available to commit to this volunteer position?
- Will you be willing to refrain from posting on social media group sites?
- Can you make a commitment to the APFA EAP for at least one year?
*All APFA EAP candidates, regardless of current or former status in the APFA EAP peer assistance role (APFA EAP, CIRT & Professional Standards) must complete the application and vetting process.
Complete the online application form here.
- APFA EAP training will be held in Dallas, TX on October 25-27, 2022.
- Applications for this training date must be submitted no later than September 2, 2022.
- Space is limited, so future trainings will be scheduled in 2023. If you are interested in becoming an APFA EAP committee member, please feel free to submit your application.
If you have questions about the process or the program, please reach out to Marcus Recarte at [email protected].
APFA EAP Specialist